Ulster Works is proud to offer Priority of Service to veterans and their eligible spouses. If you served in the military you will be served first by the next available staff member and given first priority for jobs and training for which you are eligible and qualified.
Veterans are valuable and needed members of the American workforce. The US Department of Labor wants to ensure that current and former military personnel have access to the career tools necessary to find good jobs with good wages and career pathways--especially after returning home from combat.
OneStop Centers are located throughout every community in the United States and in almost every OneStop there is a veteran's representative. In our Kingston, NY location, Lisa Padilla-Gil is the Local Veteran Employment Representative (LVER) whose primary responsibilities for veterans include providing them with skills assessment and interest surveys, career guidance, job search assistance, and possible skills training for high-demand jobs in the local community. In addition, the LVER:
- Conducts outreach to local employers to assist veterans in gaining employment by conducting seminars for employers and, in conjunction with employers, conducting job search workshops and establishing job search groups for veterans
- Facilitates employment, training and placement services furnished to veterans as well as the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offered at both West Point and Stewart ANG bases.
- Reaches out to employers or employer relations to assist veterans in obtaining employment and connect veterans with employers
- Promotes veterans as job seekers who have highly marketable skills and experience
- Advocates for employment and training opportunities with business, industry and community-based organizations
- Maintains regular contact with employers to include federal contractors
Please feel free to contact Lisa Padilla-Gil (US Navy '80-'84) for an appointment at 845-338-4696 x3006.