Young Adult Employment Program
Ulster County Career Center is pleased to announce that
the 2018 Young Adult Job Fair will be on
Thursday April 5, 2018
11:00am - 3:30pm
at the Andy Murphy Midtown Center, 467 Broadway, Kingston, NY
Job seekers age 16-24 from Ulster County are invited to join us at the fair
and meet with a wide variety of employers!
Watch here and on Facebook for updates!
To participate young adults must:
- Be between 16 and 24 years of age
- Bring a resume if you have one
- Be interview ready
- Be dressed appropriately to meet with employers-- click here for guidelines
Dress code = clean and neat appearance and includes the following restrictions: no leggings, no t-shirts, no hats, no tank tops, no mini skirts, & no undergarments showing.
To participate businesses must fill out a business registration form.
- There is no fee to attend
Summer Youth Employment Program applications are now available.
Application deadline is Friday May 11, 2018.
Click here for complete information about the program, and to download an application.
Year-round Young Adult Employment Program:
- Do you need help finding a job?
- Do you need funding for vocational training?
- Are you between the ages of 16 and 24?
- Have you graduated from high school, or dropped out of school?
You may be eligible for the Young Adult Employment Program. Please call us at 845-340-3170 to find out what we can do for you!
Youth services include a year-round employment program, a summer employment program, and job fairs for youth.
Some programs require eligibility.
The WIOA Young Adult Employment Program (YAEP) offers a variety of services to build Ulster County’s emerging workforce by helping young people gain knowledge, confidence and experience to prepare them for the future. Working in collaboration with schools, employers and other community agencies we help youth realize the importance of education and career path planning. YAEP Brochure
Program participants are prepared for the world of work through:
- Paid and unpaid work experiences
- Funding for occupational training
- After school and summer job opportunities
- Job search and interview assistance
- Career exploration and planning
- Work readiness assistance
- Application and reference review
- Resume writing
- GED preparation
- Age 16-24 and one or more of the following:
- Meet federal income guidelines and/or are in receipt of Public Assistance or Food Stamps/SNAP
- High school graduate, or drop-out
- Parenting or pregnant
- Face barriers to finding full-time employment.
Contact Janet Rigaux at Ulster County Career Center for more information; email@example.com, or 845-340-3170