Young Adult Employment Program
Are you between the ages of 18 and 29, and looking for work? Join Ulster County's Tech Hire program starting May 21, for just the help you need getting back into a job.
The program begins with 5 weeks of job search, and employment skills training, followed by a paid internship with a local employer.
Please call 845-340-3170 to register and for more information.
Summer Youth Employment Program applications are now available.
Application deadline is Friday May 11, 2018.
Click here for complete information about the program, and to download an application.
Year-round Young Adult Employment Program:
- Do you need help finding a job?
- Do you need funding for vocational training?
- Are you between the ages of 16 and 24?
- Have you graduated from high school, or dropped out of school?
You may be eligible for the Young Adult Employment Program. Please call us at 845-340-3170 to find out what we can do for you!
Youth services include a year-round employment program, a summer employment program, and job fairs for youth.
Some programs require eligibility.
The WIOA Young Adult Employment Program (YAEP) offers a variety of services to build Ulster County’s emerging workforce by helping young people gain knowledge, confidence and experience to prepare them for the future. Working in collaboration with schools, employers and other community agencies we help youth realize the importance of education and career path planning. YAEP Brochure
Program participants are prepared for the world of work through:
- Paid and unpaid work experiences
- Funding for occupational training
- After school and summer job opportunities
- Job search and interview assistance
- Career exploration and planning
- Work readiness assistance
- Application and reference review
- Resume writing
- GED preparation
- Age 16-24 and one or more of the following:
- Meet federal income guidelines and/or are in receipt of Public Assistance or Food Stamps/SNAP
- High school graduate, or drop-out
- Parenting or pregnant
- Face barriers to finding full-time employment.
Contact Janet Rigaux at Ulster County Career Center for more information; firstname.lastname@example.org, or 845-340-3170
The 2018 Ulster County Young Adult Job Fair was held on
Thursday April 5, 2018
Check back here in early 2019 for the date of our
11th annual Young Adult Job Fair