Summer Youth Employment Program
SYEP General Information:
What is the Ulster County Summer Youth Employment Program?
- The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) has operated within Ulster County for over 40 years. It is designed to provide work experience, work readiness skills, and positive work attitudes in young adults seeking to enter the job force throughout Ulster County.
How does the program work?
- During a normal year, young adults submit an application which can be found on our website to our office, either via mail or in person, at 535 Boices Lane Kingston, NY 12401. From there, the staff reviews the application, calls the youth for a phone interview, and then as long as the phone interview goes well, schedules the youth for an in person orientation at our office.
How do you know if you are eligible?
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 20
- You must Meet income guidelines (include proof of family income with application packet)
- Need assistance finding summer employment
- Must be an Ulster County resident
- Please see SYEP 2021 information posted below for our program adjustments during this pandemic.
SYEP 2021 Information
- Ulster County Summer Youth Employment Program has extended the application deadline to June 1st. THIS IS THE FINAL DEADLINE!
- Our orientation process is multi-step:
- Phone interview, online youth orientation & quiz, online finanacial literacy workshop, and an in person orientation.
- Participants must be available for work for the full program, from June 28 - July 30, 2021.
- Participants will be paid $13.50 per hour and will work between 20 and 40 hours per week.
Youth and Participants:
- The phone interviews will be starting the week of May 24th. The online orientations are available now look below for more info.
- 2021 SYEP Youth Orientation 2021 SYEP Youth Orientation Quiz 2021 SYEP Financial Literacy 2021 SYEP FDIC Financial Literacy Guide 2021 SYEP UC Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
Employer and Worksites:
If you are interested in being an employer or a worksite you can download a worksite request form here.
- All new supervisors and/or worksites for 2021 are required to view the 2021 SYEP Worksite Orientation
- After viewing the orientation please fill out the 2021 UCSYEP Worksite Orientation Verification Form
- If you choose to and are accepted to be a worksite for SYEP 2021 you will need to complete a 2021 UCSYEP Worksite Agreement Form
Previous Worksites and Partners:
Worksites that have participated in the past include:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Kingston and Saugerties
Ellenville High School
Ellenville Housing Authority
Gateway Community Industries
George Washington Elementary
Kingston Housing Authority
Kingston Parks & Recreation
Marlboro High School
Town of Rosendale Summer Camp
Woodstock Teen Center
YMCA Farm Project
YMCA of Kingston