Summer Youth Employment Program
SYEP General Information:
The official launch of 2023 Summer Youth Employment Program has now begun! We are accepting applications from February 27th to May 19th. Download an application here.
We would like to highlight two success stories from our 2021 and 2022 SYEP. Check out the video of Mia and Angeline who both were placed at Bread Alone and then were offered permanent jobs.
What is the Ulster County Summer Youth Employment Program?
- The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) has operated within Ulster County for over 50 years. It is designed to provide work experience, work readiness skills, and positive work attitudes in young adults seeking to enter the job force throughout Ulster County.
How does the program work?
- Young adults submit an application.
- And get it to our office, either via mail at 535 Boices Lane Kingston, NY 12401 or physically bring it to our office and come in our public entrance at 521 Boices Lane Kingston, NY.
- It is also possible to pick up an application from our office.
- Once we receive a completed application, which includes a copy of youth's birth certificate, social security card, and working papers or if over 18, a picture ID.
- Staff reviews the application and determines eligibility.
How do you know if you are eligible?
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 20
- You must Meet income guidelines (include proof of family income with application packet)
- Need assistance finding summer employment
- Must be an Ulster County resident
SYEP 2023 Information
- Ulster County Summer Youth Employment Program is accepting youth applications
- Our orientation process is multi-step:
- Phone interview, online youth orientation & quiz, online finanacial literacy workshop & quiz, and an in person orientation.
- Participants must be available for work for the full program, from June 26 - July 28, 2023.
- Participants will be paid $15.00 per hour and will work between 20 and 40 hours per week.
Youth and Participants:
- The phone interviews will be starting the week of May 22nd. Soon the 2023 Youth Orientation will be available as well as the quiz. The Financial Literacy Workshop will also soon be available. Check back here in a couple of weeks!
- 2023 SYEP Youth Orientation 2023 SYEP Youth Orientation Quiz 2023 SYEP Financial Literacy Workshop 2023 SYEP FDIC Financial Literacy Guide 2023 SYEP Sexual Harrassment Prevention Training
Employer and Worksites:
If you are interested in being an employer or a worksite please read our worksite invitation letter and if interested download 2023 Worksite Request Form here. Soon 2023 SYEP Worksite Orientation and Worksite Agreement will be available.
- All new supervisors and/or worksites for 2023 are required to view the 2023 SYEP Worksite Orientation
- After viewing the orientation please fill out the 2023 UCSYEP Worksite Orientation Verification Form
- If you choose to and are accepted to be a worksite for SYEP 2023 you will need to complete a 2023 UCSYEP Worksite Agreement Form
Previous Worksites and Partners:
Worksites that have participated in the past include:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Kingston and Saugerties
- Bread Alone
- C3 Quest
- Center for Creative Education
- City of Kingston Parks & Rec
- Ellenville High School
- Ellenville Housing Authority
- Ellenville Street Department
- Gateway Community Industries
- Gardiner Library
- Habitat for Humanity
- Head Start
- Kingston Housing Authority
- Kingston Parks & Recreation
- Ramapo Camp for Children
- Read & Write Program
- Woodstock Playhouse
- Ulster BOCES
- YMCA Farm Project
- YMCA of Kingston
Contact Ulster County Career Center for more information; syep[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us, or 845-340-3170