SYEP General Information: 

What is the Ulster County Summer Youth Employment Program?

  • The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) has operated within Ulster County for over 40 years.  It is designed to provide work experience, work readiness skills, and positive work attitudes in young adults seeking to enter the job force throughout Ulster County. 

How does the program work? 

  • During a normal year, young adults submit an application which can be found on our website to our office, either via mail or in person, at 535 Boices Lane Kingston, NY 12401. From there, the staff reviews the application, calls the youth for a phone interview, and then as long as the phone interview goes well, schedules the youth for an in person orientation at our office. 

How do you know if you are eligible? 

  • You must be between the ages of 14 and 20
  • You must Meet income guidelines (include proof of family income with application packet)
  • Need assistance finding summer employment
  • Must be an Ulster County resident


  • Please see SYEP 2020 information posted below for our program adjustments during this pandemic. 


SYEP 2020  Information

  • Ulster County Summer Youth Employment Program application period ended on Friday June 5, 2020.
  • Applicants will be chosen based on a telephone interview process which begins Thursday June 11, 2020.
    • Applicants will have to complete two phone interviews and an online questionaire.
  • Participants must be available for work for the full program, from July 13 - August 7, 2020.  
  • Participants will be paid $12.50 per hour and will work between 20 and 40 hours per week.


Employer and Worksites:

If you are interested in being an employer or a worksite you can download a worksite request form here.

  • If you choose to and are accepted to be a worksite for SYEP 2020 you will need to complete a worksite agreement form, which can be found on this page as a fillable pdf and can be emailed back to us or we can mail or email it to you

Click here to watch the 2020 SYEP Worksite Orientation 

Click here to complete the 2020 SYEP Worksite Orientation attendance form 

Click here to view worksite Frequently Asked Questions

Click here to complete your Worksite Agreement 


Youth and Participants:

Due to COVID-19, please view and complete the following video and forms: 

  • Paperwork and Tax Form completion will be organized via phonecall, and will take place at our office located at 521 Boices Lane Kingston NY.

Click here to watch the SYEP 2020 Youth Orientation 

Click here to complete the 2020 SYEP Youth Orientation Attendance Quiz

Click here to view the 2020 SYEP Handbook, Timesheet, and Payroll Schedule

Click here to view SYEP Financial Literacy Powerpoint



Previous Worksites and Partners: 

Worksites that have participated in the past include:

Boys and Girls Club of Kingston and Saugerties
Camp Seewackamano
Cantine Field
Ellenville Housing Authority
Gateway Community Industries
George Washington Elementary
Head Start
Kingston Housing Authority
Kingston Parks and Recreation
Marlboro High School
Mobile Properties
St. Mary's Cemetery
Senate House
Town of Rosendale Summer Camp
Ulster County Tourism
Wallkill School System
Woodstock Teen Center
YMCA of Kingston 




Updated 6/30/2020

Contact Ulster County Career Center for more information; yaep[at]co.ulster.ny[dot]us, or 845-340-3170